CBD College Australia

Have Questions?

1300 723 056

Enquire Online

Frequently Asked Questions

Are you a Registered Training Organisation?

Yes. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID: 91399). CBD College is also 100% Australian owned and has been a Registered Training Organisation for over a decade and has been involved in training Australians for many years prior to that. We specialise in providing training programs to achieve timely and cost effective solutions for our clients.

Who can enrol?

Anyone who has never previously held a competency card or whose competency card has been expired for more than 28 days. (On the other hand, if you are simply renewing, click here.)

Note: student visa holders must enrol with a CRICOS provider. CBD College is not CRICOS Registered.

What are some of your other requirements?

Candidates are advised that they will need to possess effective language, communications and interpersonal skills and have the ability to write a range of documentation. 

Candidates will also be expected to use technology and prepare various records and documents. Furthermore, cognitive skills in planning, research, interpretation, analysis and synthesis form part of the skills requirements of many units.

How are we assessed?

For RSA and RCG, practical skills are assessed in-class through role-plays. Knowledge is tested by written questioning completed in class. From January 1, 2017, if you are booking a package with coffee included, there is online learning involved with your coffee course. This will take 1-2 hours to complete and must be done prior to your class. No Statement of Attainment for coffee will be awarded unless the 76 multiple choice questions are successfully completed. Login details will be provided in your confirmation email.

Are you Liquor and Gaming NSW Approved?

Yes.   Approved Training Provider #CCR10000169

Special needs and support

Students with special needs arising from learning difficulties, emotional or behavioural problems, or physical disabilities should contact info@cbdcollege.edu.au prior to course commencement. Where a student has an identified need for assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, CBD College’s trainers and assessors will endeavour to provide this assistance directly. Ongoing support can be obtained by calling CBD College on 1300 616 218 or by emailing matthew@cbdcollege.com.au or david@cbdcollege.com.au. Where necessary, assessors can make themselves available to meet with students.

What do I wear?

Neat and tidy comfortable clothing is required to be worn.

Should I bring your ID?

Yes.  Candidates must bring one form of original photo ID on the day of the course (passport, Australian Drivers License or RTA Proof of Age Card).

Do you have a dedicated booking office?

Yes. As we are one of Sydney's largest vocational trainers and we have a dedicated booking office on level 10 of the Dymocks Building. You do not need to be worried about being turned away because a class is in progress or visiting at a specified time. We look forward to seeing you.

How do I pay for the course?

Payments need to be made for our classes with a credit card online (our site is highly secure - payment is made via the Commonwealth Bank), or call us on 1300 838 962 and pay by credit card over the phone, or by coming to our Sydney office Mon-Fri 9am-5pm at the above address to pay by cash, EFTPOS or credit card. Bookings for our courses prior to the day of the course are essential and candidates cannot be enrolled without paying first.

Is the RSA and RSG photo Competency card included in the course costs for these courses?

Yes. It is included.

Does the advertised price include the workbooks and all materials I need?

Yes, everything is included, workbooks, etc are all included. You do not have to worry about "surprising extras" once you start with us.

What do I bring to the class?

Candidates must bring one form of original photo ID on the day of the course (passport, Australian Drivers License or RTA Proof of Age Card). Also bring some writing material if you want to take any notes during the course. Our classes start promptly so don’t be late!

Is there an age limit for your RSA/RCG courses?

There is no age limit for our RSA and RCG courses but note that you are not allowed to work in licensed venues unless you are 18.

Is this valid outside of NSW?

No. Each state has their own requirements for responsible service of alcohol and gambling.

How do I renew my RSA down the track?

The RSA/RCG competency card lasts for five years from the date of passing your first competency. You will need to renew the card before the expiry date on the card. You can now renew your photo competency card for five years by completing online refresher training and paying a $35 renewal fee. If your card is expiring soon, you will be notified by Liquor and Gaming NSW by email and SMS about how to renew and complete the online refresher training. The face to face class is for first-timers only.

How do I know your trainers are the best in the business?

We have a long history of academic discipline. See more about us here

What do I get when I graduate?

For all of our Nationally Recognised Training short courses (eg first aid, barista, RSA/RCG, whitecard), after you have completed your assessments and have been deemed Competent, you will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment from CBD College Pty Ltd, RTO 91399.

Do I need to do anything before coming to my course?

For all first aid courses and coffee courses there is online learning involved which needs to be completed before you attend your course.

What are my consumer rights?

CBD College ensures they comply with all state and federal legislation relevant to students' rights as consumers.

Such legislation includes but is not limited to:

For more information, please click on the links above.


Our Guarantee

Our Guarantee